Depending upon the above factors mentioned some blogs may be kept private limiting the viewing of the blog contents to selected readers. Who might the blog readers be? A teacher may decide to limit a blog to students, parents, other teacher and their classrooms. One way a teacher or even a student can do this is by inviting other people as readers. A reader will need to sign into their account to access the blog. This helps to support a secure safe climate where students and parents are protected from the comments of unknown outsiders. I totally agree with the authenticity of a global community but also understand in some instances it is okay to restrict the participation to a limited audience.
How to Add Blog Readers
- Sign into Blogger Dashboard
- In List on Left Click Settings
- Scroll Down to Permissions Section
- On Blog Readers Line Click Edit to Left of Public
- Select Private Only These Readers
- Add Readers Email Addresses or Choose from Contact List
- Click Save Changes
The readers will must accept the email invitation to participate as a blog reader.